Thursday, 17 January 2013

Another Step

I've gotten a step further with the granny square blanket. All of the squares are stitched together now so it's definitely beginning to resemble a throw, which is good, but I'm still a little unsure about whether to add a final row or not.


The colours have come together really well and the size is just what's needed to cover a double bed. Each square is 22 rows wide using a 5mm hook and double knit wool, with nine squares in total to make the full blanket. I then slip stitched the squares together to get to this stage.


Here's a glimpse of the ends I amassed whilst making the finishing touches. There is something quite satisfying about seeing this pile of coloured threads as darning the ends is always so tedious, yet a vital part to complete a project.


I'm pleased to have it done this week as the weather is still being very chilly and it's a welcome layer for night time comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment