Thursday, 26 July 2012

{ Interior Inspiration } Seaside Watercolours

St Ives, Cornwall is rather well known for its artistic flare. There are a handful of fantastic galleries and art shops that continue to pull on my purse strings annually. This year was no exception and I couldn't resist these two little watercolours. 


They're by an artist called W. Eaton, who, I was reliably told by the gallery owner, comes to St Ives every year on his holidays to indulge in the crystal waters and sparkling sands. These are original watercolours on 6"x4" white cards depicting the bay at St Ives. When I look at them, I'm transported back to that magical place, listening to the  lapping waves and cheeky seagulls, relaxing in the summer sun and dreaming of seaside delicacies. Last year Dave and I purchased a square oil painting of the coast at Gwithian and these new additions fit into the frame cluster wonderfully.


Do you find yourself hopelessly tempted by watercolours? Or is there some other vice you find on the shelves?

Love and lacery,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment