Tuesday, 19 June 2012

{ Craft Corner } Artistic Flair

I've always been one who appreciated art, both in observation and production. However, for some reason or another it'd been quite some time since my last drawing - until the weekend! I was sat opposite a beautiful bouquet of lilies and found inspiration in the fantastic shapes and shades created by their enormous blooms. Thus, I set down to sketch them, using only a HB pencil and a sheet of A4 printer paper.

This is the result.


I'm really rather pleased with my creation. The time spent observing and sketching was so peaceful and the end result is of great joy to me and those other eyes that fell upon it.

I have a feeling that I'll be sketching / painting quite a bit more in the near future. I'm glad my artistic inclination has resurfaced.

Do you ever fancy sitting down and drawing something? Be it fictional or factual?

Love and lacery,

No comments:

Post a Comment