Risotto is my all time favourite meal! I could eat it for breakfast, dinner and tea.... if only! I always thought that it was a mega hard dish to make but I was so wrong. Here's my recipe for a simple risotto dinner.
- Couple of handfuls of risotto rice (I never weigh the rice, but I'm sure there'll be guidelines for portions somewhere)
- 425ml vegetable stock
- Half a tub of chilli cream cheese
- Tin of crabmeat
- 1 garlic clove (diced finely)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
1) Heat the hob to a medium simmering level (we use number four on an electrical hob with a range between 1 and 6)
2) Add your risotto rice to your deep pan and introduce half of your stock solution.
3) Gently stir the rice and stock until the liquid has been completely absorbed. The rice should begin to look sticky.
4) Add your garlic.
5) Continue to add half of the stock solution, allowing it to be absorbed between instalments, until all of your stock has been used. The rice should now look much thicker than it did when you began. If you give it a try, it will have a slight crunch but be soft enough to eat comfortably.
6) Take the pan from the heat and stir in the chilli cream cheese.
7) Once completely mixed, stir in the crabmeat.
8) To garnish add the tomato and sprinkle a little lemon on top of your risotto. Dave chooses not to have lemon but I love the juice of half a lemon on top of mine.
There we have it! A very simple recipe for a tasty fresh dish. You could always adapt it using different flavours of cream cheese and varying accompaniments, such as smoked sausage or bacon.
Love and lacery,
P.S: Sorry for the absence of photos - I can't help but gobble the risotto down as soon as possible!