Wednesday, 16 May 2012

{ Over the Weekend }

We finally have our internet connection back! It's been playing around for the past few days which explains my bloggy absence, but now that it's back, I thought I'd catch back up with the posts I've missed.

This weekend was a good'un - the sun was shining and we had a few family plans to indulge in back in Northants. It was also filled with crafty past-times and some new experiences:


- Visiting one of our local garden centres with Dave's parents and grandfather. We enjoyed a cream tea (mmmm!) and then had a wander around the gift and garden sections. I don't know what it is, but garden centres always have the sweetest gift selection to tempt my purse. In the end, we all came away with some flowers - Dave and I got a couple of pretty poppies and a columbine. Can't wait to see their blooms!
- Venturing into the realm of fruity teas. I've always been intrigued by them but never really hit it off with any but when my parents returned from Oxford with a selection of fancy teabags, I just had to give some a go. The one pictured is "raspberry and vanilla" by Taylor's of Harrogate. The verdict: it was very sweet and had a strong raspberry flavour. All in all, I'd probably have another!
- Wearing scallop collars. Collars in general are fantastic but there's something about scallop edges which always gets my attention.
- Indulging in a little more embroidery. This tiny hoop is so cute and hot air balloons have been a fascination of mine for quite some time. In this week's Craft Corner there'll be a few more photos of the almost finished article.
- Reading "The Book of General Ignorance". It's based upon the BBC television programme QI and is full of information that is so interesting! It's split up into little paragraphs and so is an ideal book to have on the coffee table to fill in a few spare minutes.
- Examining the ferns. The way their stems curl and the little sucker type things on their leaves always draws me over when I'm enjoying the grass beneath my feet.

The next coming weekend will be full of birthday celebrations and the Sea Life Centre, so I'll be sure to share a few scrapbook posts.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends!

Love and lacery,


No comments:

Post a Comment