Tuesday, 29 May 2012

{ Craft Corner } Glass Jars

Mason jars have been a big hit for a long time now but they're not something I've ever seen around in English car-boots and vintage shops. However, there are plenty of other jars that could be used as a substitute and so I've still been making notes of inspiring DIYs and images. There really are so many things that can be done with empty glass jars!

Terraruims:



The prospect of furthering my floral gaze into succulents is truly enthralling. Glass bubbles are fantastic accessories for weddings or birthday parties but could also create a beautiful display in a nook in the garden or an unused room corner.

Fairy Lights:


Alike the glass bubbles, I really fancy using a few jam jars to add a little light to an unusual corner in our living room. I especially like the colour tint to this mason jar. This would make a great christening or birthday gift to a little'un.

Luminaries:

  


There are so many possibilities for candles in jars - be they floating or tall candles or tea lights. I especially like the idea of using silver wire to create makeshift handles for jars and hanging them in the garden along the flowers beds. 

These are just a few things that have been done using mason jars, the list truly is endless (as shown on this page). Using jars as vases is another idea which will probably be employed within our household - it's maybe an excuse to try out glass etching or staining!

I'll leave you with one final image of jarry utilisation...


I'll be sure to share my jam jar adventures once I've finally decided what to do with them!

Have you done anything with your empty glass jars? Or going to use one of these ideas to venture into the craft?

Love and lacery,


P.S: All images link back to their sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment