Wednesday, 16 May 2012

{ Craft Corner } Embroidery Hoop Art II

Since my first experience with embroidery, I've been itching to have another go with a second embroidery hoop. We've all been keeping our eyes peeled in charity shops and car boot sales in the hope of finding unwanted and forgotten hoops which can be transformed into a selection of new scenes and loved pieces. For my most recent endeavour, I chose the smallest hoop we've discovered so far - it's 4 inches in diameter.


I wanted to add a little texture to the fields and so went for the backstitch to gives ridges. The forest canopy has been done using bulleon stitch to give the rounded and uneven appearance required. I'm still a little unsure as to how to finish the sky section - torn between adding cloud wisps in a blue colour or maybe 'v' shapes to simulate flying birds. Could even be a couple of each! Which do you prefer?


I'll be sure to add some more photos when it's completely finished and been given a place upon the wall. I suspect this may be gifted to my Mumma as she took a real fancy to it over the weekend. 

Please do let me know if you have an idea as to how to finish the sky off! Or if you're working on any crafty projects at the moment.

Love and lacery,





No comments:

Post a Comment