Monday, 19 March 2012

{ Over the Weekend }

This weekend was a mix of run-of-the-mill things along with celebrating Mother's Day and a family birthday.

- Doing a bit of shopping whilst waiting for the car to have its MOT. I picked up some flowers for Mother's Day and admired the shiny new cars in the showroom.
- Looking at the beautiful blossom that has started to appear along the roadside. It's just so pretty and spring like!
- We've discovered Draw Something and so there's been quite a bit of playing around with phones.
- Celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday. I took a picture of the presents that Mumma received from both me and my younger brother, Torrin. She was quite spoilt!
- Baking this wonderful bakewell tart with Mumma. It's very tasty and the recipe could be easily adapted to incorporate any flavours - I'm thinking maybe pear and chocolate or strawberries.
- Being lazy with my hair by forming a simple bun and securing it with my sparkly butterfly clip; and wearing my pretty caped cardigan (c/o House of Fraser).
- Wearing my customised necklace. I took a few charms and put them altogether on the one chain. I like how it really expresses my loves and personality.
- Watching the sky change from dark clouds to bright sunshine. It's definitely getting into spring here in England!
- Buying pretty flowers for the garden. I really love Violas and Pansies, don't they look like little faces?! Nanna also bought us this pretty arrangement of flowers (it's in a little wooden wheelbarrow but that can't be seen in the photo).

All-in-all it's been a busy weekend but great fun also. Have you been noticing any more signs of spring creep into the environment? Or filling your time with faimly?

Love and lacery,

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfectly wonderful weekend to me! Spring is definitely in the air around here and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete