Friday, 23 March 2012

{ Interior Inspiration } Spring Clean

~ Spring Clean ~

It was a beautiful spring day and the sun was shining in through the patio doors, illuminating the living room... including all of the little dust bunnies hiding around the feet of the sofa and table, not to mention showing up dusty patches around photo frames and lamps. Thus, today was a day of spring cleaning! Don't get me wrong, I like to keep things tidy and the smell of polish really does make the place feel clean but no matter how often you partake in chores, spring sunshine still shows the place up. Whilst I was dusting away the cobwebs of winter I also decided that the furniture in the living room needed a shuffle. 

My favourite piece in the room is a large sideboard which houses all of our documents, DVDs, old university notebooks and my paper crafty things. The top surface is also fully utilised to proudly exhibit photos and treasured trinkets. It's a large item made of solid wood and as a result it has a fantastic presence within the space, but it was tucked away in the far corner of the room shielding the sunlight entering through the backdoors (top image, taken a little while ago now). So, with freshening up in my mind, I moved it into its new home - still in the living room but opposite the sofa and next to the door. Now it's one of the first things you notice as you walk in and something you can admire whilst sitting comfortably (bottom image, taken from sofa).



I'm always one to move furniture around in a room to give a new feel or fully make the most of a space (I think it's something I inherited from Mumma). Now I feel so much more settled in the room and so happy that my favourite piece is always in view. I've also taken the opportunity to clear some space on the sideboard to add our Easter / spring items - they're so cheerful. I suspect that this cleared space will always be used to house seasonal items from now on!


Are you one to move things around in a room or maybe you put in a bit more thought to begin with? Have you put out your Easter themed treasures or going to wait a bit longer? 

Love and Lacery,


No comments:

Post a Comment