Tuesday, 21 February 2012

{ Craft Corner } Hexagons

~ Hexagons ~

This week is a small update on the hexagon blanket I've been crocheting. I've done a few more colour combinations since I first introduced the pattern a few weeks back.

These are the three combinations I speculated about and I'm rather pleased with the way they've come out.

The first is all greens - bright, dark and forest tones. The second uses that beautiful summer yellow which I've had in the wool basket for quite some time. It's combined with a golden ochre and a dark grey. Lastly, is a combination of purple, navy and a light grey. Grey seems to be in quite a few of the hexagons, which I hope will help to pull the pieces together. I'm yet to put the creamy white final layer on them but that's always the tedious bit for me. I'm hoping it'll feel a bit quicker as I can get it all done at the same time. Next will be to have another rummage through the wool balls to come up with some more colours!

Have you been working on any projects recently? Or trying to work out some colour combinations?

Love and lacery,


No comments:

Post a Comment